Only 125,000 of the sales were incremental, i.e., 565,000 would have been sold regardless of the program. The cost to taxpayers $4,000/vehicle. Part of the program was taking the clunker off the road (destroying it) abd as a result, the price of used cars increased 16.5% within two years because of the diminished supply (Edmunds.com).
- Nancy Pelosi stated, "We have to pass the Act so we know what's in it". The act is 2700 pages long with 4500 provisisons
- It is anything but affordable, the administration estimated a cost of $860 billion over 10 years, we are close to $3 trillion
- it was suppose to cover 32 million uninsured Americans, only 7.5 are insured
- Millionaires are getting subsidies
- people who are being subsidized are being taxed
- food stamp usage has increased
- initially, 20% of all the business exemptions from Obamacare were from Nancy Pelosi's district
- it has driven up the cost of healthcare
- it has driven up the amount of deductibles
- it has increased premiums
- medicare taxes have increased
- taxes on medical products have increased
JUST SHOOT ME!